Monday, July 30, 2012

Hello again, my readers, and thanks for checking in on me.

So today was my first day of babysitting, and the little girl I am watching is adorable.  She's a happy child, but deep down, I can sense that she can throw one heck of a temper tantrum.  We spent the day watching Disney movies, playing with Tinkerbell puzzles, and coloring.  Fun.  It really was, and it provided me with time to think, and that time to think became productive.

So, it all began when I was looking at the blog, Musings of a Wild Spirit.  They  mentioned creating a chart during the editing process, to keep track of reoccurring themes and other stuff.  Well, they are just now finished up their novel;  I'm just now starting.  It made me wonder if I could take my own chart, modify it, and keep track of important things about my characters.  For example, I have an eight column table with these labels across the top:  Name/Age, Gender, Appearance, Personality (in few words), Family, Are they taking place in the races?/Which mount and element?, Common Theme, and Other.  As of right now, I'm keeping track of character information.  Later, I'll work on one for the unicorns, and then perhaps another for culture information.

On a further front, I'm working on an excerpt for my readers.  It's going to be posted later, when I finish working on it.

Well, that's about it for now.

Oh!  I almost forgot!  If you are one of my followers from booksie, don't forget to stop by and check out my challenge, Legends Are Lessons.  You don't have to enter if you don't want to, but I'd like it if you'd at least give me your thoughts and perhaps spread the word.

Thanks a ton.


No comments:

Post a Comment