Sunday, July 29, 2012

Greetings everyone, and thanks for stopping on by to see what I've been up to.

For those of you who are my faithful followers from booksie.com, welcome.  I'm still getting used to this, so never mind me and my mistakes.

Alright, so things have been a thunderstorm of chaos lately.  We (my mom, two sisters, and I) just moved.  Granted, it was a town or two over, but that's not really the point.  What made us move?  Well...  let's just say my used-to-be step dad and my sixteen-year-old sister didn't get along, and it got a tad physical.  We just got all of our stuff out of the old house, so now all we have to do is unpack.  Fun.

Also, we found out a couple weeks ago that my great-grandfather has 3-5 months to live.  He had pancreatic cancer, and they were doing Chemo.  Well, they thought it was gone, but it wasn't.  About two or three weeks ago, my mother found my pawpaw bent over in the hallway, in pain.  They rushed him to the hospital, and two days later, we found out that the cancer had spread to his liver and his lungs.  Not good, of course.  And on top of that, his wife, my great-grandmother, is wheel chair bound from strokes.  As you can see, we are all just waiting for the worse, as they cannot do more chemo.  It'll do no good, and once one [grandparent] goes, the other will not be far behind.

I just took a babysitting job yesterday as well.  It's a two year old, and she is the cutest thing ever, but man can she throw a temper tantrum.  I start tomorrow [Monday].

So, some may know, and some may not know, but I'm in the U.S. Air Force, though I'm currently waiting to go to BMT.  I believe my recruiter and I have agreed to push back my job drop date, so that I may stay here for my family until my grandfather passes.

On the novel front, I'm currently working on the second chapter of The Phantom Races.  I'm not sure yet if it will be a series or not, I guess I shall just roll with it.

Well, stay tuned, cause more information is in store.  Thanks for reading, and I'll update everyone soon.

Thanks,
Dixie Carnley,
aka, Silver Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment